We all do things sometimes that we’re not proud of. I think that it’s better if we admit these things. I recently eavesdropped on a conversation some women were having about guilty pleasures. I don’t think that you should do things that make you feel guilty. Things you like to do shouldn’t make you feel bad. So here’s some things that I feel guilty about.
- I memorize rap songs in my car on the drive to work. I have to resist breaking out that skill at social events.
- I look at pictures of my exboyfriend’s current girlfriend and think about how I’m definitely prettier than her, and do my eyeliner better. I like to save this one for when I’m feeling particularly low. Or every Wednesday.
- “So busy, I gotta stay home and get some work done!” means eating ice cream out of the tub with a bottle of wine, while thinking about being productive.
- I very rarely bake the cookie dough.
- Say Yes to the Dress marathons, complete with ugly crying.
- I didn’t watch that movie. But I did read the Wikipedia page and have a good memory.
- When I want to laugh really hard, I find videos of turtle sex and watch that. Instant giggles.
- I sing a lot, and that’s a lot less than I want to sing. I have so many songs. From walking up some stairs to putting gas in my car, I have a song.
- I lie about how much I spend on makeup. (It's a lot)
- I spend a lot of time on Pinterest. With my five public boards, and my eight secret ones.
I wish I could say that’s it, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Still, I have decided that I don’t want to live a guilty life. No more guilty pleasures. Just quirks.