It's a time to be extra thankful. This year I have had a lot to be thankful for. This has really, truly, been the best year ever. I didn’t move, which was a plus, and I feel like life has been really stable. Also, I’m getting married! I never stop feeling good about that. There are always things to be thankful for, and this is my top eight for this year.
1. I have a job I love. This has been true for a full year.
2. Biscuit, even when she wakes me up at 4 in the morning to go outside. She is my best friend, and she’s the best dog. I mean that to be totally true. No dog is better, more loyal, or better behaved than my pretty girl.
3. I am thankful for all the wonderful places that we got to see over the past year. We didn’t travel far, mostly roadtripping, but we got to have so many wonderful experiences and meet new people. It felt great, and I’m thankful that we were able to do that.
4. My family, who have talked me down off the stress ledge more times than I can count this year.
5. My house. We have a tiny little house with a washer and dryer and room for our puppy to play, decorated with all of our favorite art pieces.
6. Charles. I’m not sure he’s forgiven me for moving him across the country, but he’s been the most amazing. I learn new things from him every day, and he makes me a better person every day. He’s folding clothes on the couch with the dog while I’m working on this.
7. My wonderful support system, from the people I collaborate with on this blog and my Instagram, to my coworkers at my day job, to our amazing friends and family who constantly rally around us and make life better.
8. Compassion. The past few years, in this political climate, I’ve been so thankful for the compassionate people who help others and who see people, not a political minefield.
From all of us in this corner of the internet, wishing you and your family an amazing thanksgiving. What are you thankful for this year?